Facebook has altered the way we take social networks. With more than 700 million active users, it is the greatest platform if you are looking for a large number of audience. Facebook ads can help startups in growing, developing and connecting with new customers.
So in this post, I’ll be focusing on some of the important things you should know before running the Facebook ads.
There are two different ways you can create Facebook Advertisement — the Facebook ads creator and the Power Editor. Facebook ads creator will be a great tool of you are new at this. Although, it lacks some functionality that power editor fulfills but it’s simple to start. You can manage everything from Facebook — Business.
Before running a campaign, you will have to decide what exactly you are looking for from the different objectives facebook provide:
- Clicks to Website: Send people to your website.
- Website Conversions: Increase conversions on your website. You’ll need a conversion pixel for your website before you can create this ad.
- Page Post Engagement: Boost your posts.
- Page Likes: Promote your Page and get Page likes to connect with more of the people who matter to you.
- App Installs: Get installs of your app.
- App Engagement: Increase engagement in your app.
- Offer Claims: Create offers for people to redeem in your store.
- Local Awareness: Reach people near your business.
- Event Responses: Raise attendance at your event.
- Video Views: Create ads that get more people to view a video.
Just before you choose any of these ad campaigns make sure that these things are ready:
Budget: Budget depends on you i.e how much you want to spend on any of the campaigns. There is an option to enter the budget and the date you want to spend from.
Target Audience: You can define your audience and can show the ads to the audience you want. Suppose you want to run an ad on football. You will only waste your money if you are showing your ad to an individual who is least interested in football. You can define your custom audience on the basis of location, age, interests, gender, languages etc. You can also upload a list of emails user ids etc. to build your audience.
Choose the placement of Ads: You can also choose if you want to show the ad in the newsfeed or on the right-hand side of the desktop.
Also in the newsfeed, you have two options- you can run a single image ad or a carousel ad.
Use these guidelines to design an advert that looks good everywhere it appears on Facebook:
- Recommended image size: 1,200 x 628 pixels.
- For carousel image size: 600 x 600 pixels.
- Image ratio: 1.9:1
- Text: 90 characters
- Headline: 25 characters
- Link description: 30 characters
- Your image may not include more than 20% text. See how much text is on your image.
When you submit your ad, Facebook reviews it to make sure they meet Advertising Policies (formerly known as the “Advertising Guidelines”). Typically, most ads are reviewed within 24 hours, although in some cases it may take longer. Click here to read Advertisement Guidelines
Here, Facebook provides you a functionality of Ad sets. You can create an ad set for each of your audience segments by making the ads within the ad set target the same audience.
Thanks for the read! 🙂